Town of Islip
Receiver of Taxes
January 10th (First Half)
May 31st (Second Half)
THE LAST DAY FOR PAYMENT OF CURRENT TAXES AT THIS OFFICE will be FRIDAY, MAY 31, 2013, at which time our office will be open from 8:30 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. After that date, taxes plus penalty and interest must be paid to the County Treasurer's Office at Riverhead, N.Y.
If you have already paid your current taxes, please disregard this notice.
HOURS DURING MAY: DAILY 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
EVENING HOURS: FRIDAY MAY 31st to 7:00 P.M.
Please note our office will be closed on: MONDAY, MAY 27, 2013 IN OBSERVANCE OF MEMORIAL DAY
1. Click HERE you will be able to view and/or pay your taxes online.
2. Each visitor will register and will be given access to two parcels. If you own more than two parcels you will click on support and with proper information, you will be granted access to your additional properties. You will only need to register once.
3. Any problems or questions regarding the website – you must click on support for assistance. Town of Islip cannot fix online problems. Problems with the payment website are corrected through the online company, not the Town of Islip.
Questions regarding your tax information – please contact the Town of Islip Tax Office at 224-5580.
Questions regarding your assessment or exemptions – please contact the Assessor’s office at 224-5585.
Questions regarding the STAR Program, please call 224-5058.
Methods of Payment:
• E-Check – with a convenience fee of $2.00 (not collected by the Town of Islip).
• All Major Credit Cards – with a convenience fee of 2.49% on the amount that is being charged (not collected by the Town of Islip).
**Partial payments will not be accepted online**
|2012 / 2013 Tax Calendar
|Regular Office Hours:||8:30 am to 4:30 pm|
|Monday through Friday
||Monday, December 24, 2012 Christmas Eve|
|Tuesday, December 25, 2012 Christmas Day
|Half Day:||8:30 am to 12 noon
|Monday, December 31, 2012, New Year's Eve
||Tuesday, January 1, 2013 New Year’s Day|
|Special Payment Hours:||8:30 am – 7:00 pm|
|Thursday, January 10, 2013|
|Friday, May 31, 2013|
Pay by Mail:
Payments can be made by credit card or by check. Make checks payable to Alexis Weik, Receiver of Taxes. Mail payments to Town of Islip Tax Receiver’s Office, 40 Nassau Avenue, Islip NY 11751. Envelopes must be postmarked by the due dates of January 10th for the first half of your taxes and by May 31st for the second half of your taxes. Refer to the back of your tax bill for penalty information.
**No meter postage will be accepted**
The Office of the Receiver of Taxes is not a policy making office, it is an administrative office. We do not determine the tax rates, we merely collect and distribute the taxes. Taxes are collected in accordance with New York State Real Property Tax laws and the Suffolk County Tax Act.
Town, County and School taxes in Suffolk County cover the period from December 1st through November 30th of the following year. Below is a description of how your taxes are divided up.
School budgets are set by your local school districts. Every year you have the opportunity to vote on the school budget. This determines the amount of taxes you will pay for schools in your district.
County Taxes are set by a county budget, approved by the County Executive and the Suffolk County Legislature.
Town Taxes are set by a town budget, approved by the Supervisor and Town Board.
Public Hearings are set for school, county and town budgets.
Taxes for other districts - (Fire, Ambulance, etc.) are also collected by this department.
**Taxes become a lien on December 1st of each year**